When you are coming to terms with the death of a loved one, the last thing you want is to have to jump through legal hoops as well. Davis Blank Furniss can help take the burden off your shoulders, handling the process with sensitivity and discretion.

We appreciate that this is undoubtedly a difficult time, but our vastly experienced team can make the legal side of things as simple and straightforward as possible. We can help you sort out all kinds of issues, including:

  • Valuation of property
  • Completing the HMRC account
  • Dealing with Inheritance Tax
  • Obtaining Grant of Probate
  • Selling property

Get probate advice.

If you need any legal advice or assistance with regards to probate law, contact the Davis Blank Furniss team now.

Contesting a will

If you are unhappy with a friend or relative’s will then you may be able to challenge the will.  You cannot challenge a will just because you are unhappy with it, but there are certain grounds on which a challenge can be made.  These grounds include:

  • Where the deceased person was not of sound mind  at the time of making their will and so lacked the capacity to make a will
  • When a will has not been completed correctly (known as execution) in accordance with the legal requirements for execution of a will
  • When another person has coerced or unduly influenced the deceased in relation to the contents of their will
  • Where it is considered that a will may be a forgery or that a fraud has taken place in relation to the will
  • When someone was dependent upon the deceased (for example, a spouse or child) and adequate provision has not been made for that person under the will

If you wish to contest a will then the time limits can be very short (as little six months) and you should contact one of our specialist solicitors as soon as possible to discuss the matter.

Get in touch today.

To arrange a no obligation consultation with our wills, trusts and probate solicitors, call Davis Blank Furniss today on 08000 284 396 or contact us using our enquiry form.