Insolvency & Business Recovery
In these testing financial times, distressed businesses and individuals face a huge number of challenges.
Our Business Recovery team can provide proactive and valuable advice for a variety of stressed and distressed businesses and individuals across a wide range of industries in order to enhance recovery for all relevant stakeholders.
We are highly experienced in both contentious and non-contentious areas of Insolvency. We work in conjunction with Insolvency Practitioners, Business Advisors, Financial Institutions and Directors to enable us to add value on an advisory basis at an early stage.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Corporate turnaround and pre-pack acquisitions;
- Buying and selling distressed businesses;
- Acting for Administrators and other office holders;
- Creditors Voluntary Liquidations and Members Voluntary Liquidations;
- De-mergers and Reconstructions;
- Receiverships, including appointments pursuant to the Law of Property Act;
- Individual Voluntary Arrangements and Bankruptcy;
- Asset tracing in insolvent situations;
- Retention of Title issues;
- Antecedent Transactions;
- Claims against directors and directors disqualification proceedings;
- Bringing and defending applications to restrain the presentation of winding up petitions in the High Court;
- Bringing and defending applications to set aside statutory demands;
- Contested bankruptcy proceedings and applications for annulments;
- Contested possession proceedings (mortgage reposessions and private landlord);
- Presenting winding up petitions and statutory demands;
- Negotiation and other ADR for contested insolvency matters;
- Collect outs, debt recovery and enforcement;
- Enforcement of personal guarantees;
- Acting as Advocates on a range of contested insolvency proceedings.
For more information download our Insolvency & Business Recovery brochure.