Payment protection insurance
If you've been mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), you're entitled to claim compensation.
Not everyone in a position of trust can actually be trusted.
For many years, banks have been selling people potentially worthless Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) for personal loans, car loans, credit cards and store cards. It can cost you thousands, but be next to useless.
£6500 car loan. We recovered £3000.
PPI is designed to cover payments for a period of time in the event of accident, sickness or unemployment.
However, if you are self-employed, unemployed, retired, have pre-existing medical conditions, are already covered by another policy or were told the insurance was compulsory, you may well have been mis-sold PPI. Which means we can help you make a claim.
First of all, check any personal loan, car loan, credit cards or store cards you have, to see if PPI is included.
Next, see if you can answer yes to any of these questions:
- Were you told the insurance was compulsory?
- Were you told that your finance application would be helped by taking out the insurance?
- Was the insurance added to your loan at the outset as a lump sum?
- Did you already have insurance cover, even if you didn't realise it at the time?
- Were you retired, self-employed or unemployed when taking out the policy?
- Did you have a pre-existing medical condition?
- Did you try and cancel your policy but were told that you could not do so?
- Did you have a joint loan but the insurance was only in one name?
- Did you sign up for the finance in a shop or car sales office?
- Did your lender forget to mention that you could arrange separate cover elsewhere?
- Were you between 65 and 70 when the insurance was taken out, or during the period of cover?
Credit card with average debt of £3000. We recovered £2,200.
Then get in touch with us at Davis Blank Furniss. We'll chat through the exact circumstances of your Payment Protection Insurance and, if we think you have a good chance of success, we'll take over your claim. With experienced solicitors, a strict code of conduct and an unshakeable customer service promise, you can definitely trust us.