We have many years of experience in advising high profile personalities on all aspects of the entertainment industry which includes:
Recording Agreements: agreements between record label and recording artist; session musicians’ agreements; featured artist agreement.
Music Publishing Agreements: agreements between publisher and writers; single-song assignments.
Music Licenses: synchronisation licenses, music sample clearances.
Distribution: record distribution agreements, merchandising agreements; record pluggers agreement.
Artist Management Agreement: agreement between recording artist and managers.
Booking Agent’s Agreement: agreements between booking agent and artist or DJ’s or dancers.
Record Producer Agreement:agreements between record company, artist and producer; mixer and re-mixer’s agreements.
Record label start-ups: – guidance through the required agreements and collection society rules and regulations to set-up and maintain your record label.
Band Agreements: incorporating the band as a limited company or as a partnership, to regulate the relationship between the band members.
Live Entertainment: agreement with promoters and venues, event management and touring agreements, staging charity concerts, music festivals and film exhibitions and film premiers. Fashion shows.
Theatre: rental agreements, co-production agreement and performance related matters.
Film and Television: option agreements, film finance, chain of title, talent agreements (scriptwriters, directors, actors, set designers and composers), production and post-production agreements and reality TV agreements.
Broadcasting: applications for broadcasting licences, rights to broadcast a radio or TV programmes and regulatory issues.
Our entertainment law team have been involved in numerous high profile cases and matters:
- Acting for internationally known, high profile band, to obtain unpaid royalties from their music publisher dating back five years.
- Acting for a musician, in a trade mark dispute, regarding the registration of a band name, as a trade mark and the ownership of the band’s name.
- Acting on behalf of a writer in a dispute as to the ownership of lyrics to song. The writer was not aware of his rights and that he should be paid for his contribution to the hit song.
- Acting on behalf of a high profile reality TV star, to license his image to endorse a blend of wines.
- Advising an artist management company of a 60’s influential pop band on the staging of a west-end theatre production on the band’s life story.